Thursday, November 12, 2009

WIP - Ducati 888


I'm entered in the most important and delicate phase of the building; the body of the motorbike. I just revoved all the pieces from teh sprue and i tried to make a "dry assembly", and everything seems good, no problems! However I have to work for add some details. What I have to do is visible on the picures of this post: 
  • Fairing: I want to add the "rivets" like in the original motorbike. However, I don't want to drill the fairing, just I will apply some photoetchs in the points where there are the rivets.
  • Left and right hulls: also here the work will regard the rivets. Tamiya adopted an easy solution for make this detail; one is the screw that fix the hull on the frame and the other one is just a simulation on the plastic. So, I will sand this last one, I will drill in that position and I will add a rivet. This work I have to repeat for both hulls.
  • Tank: In the tank I want to add the vent pipe. Just a problem: there isn't the vent junction, so, I have to build it by myslef, and after I will add a transparent hose.
Just the first voice of the list can be done when the model is complete, for the other two voices I have to do before the painting session, but there is a problem with the rivets that I have to wait them from Japan.
Ok, I have to finish also the rear and the front wheel but I'm sure that will be done before the arrive of the rivets! Another big work will be the apply the carbon decals on the front and rear mudguard. Aren't included on the kit, I have to form and cut them, then I have to apply (but this last I think will be the more fast & easy operation).

No comments: