Thursday, November 05, 2009

WIP - Ducati 888


Here the front of the motorbike is connected with the rest of frame. The connection of the components wasn't difficult just I have to been carefull to don't push up the parts while I fix the front part. On the forks is visible the only one decal about the forks factory (Ohlins, is a blu decals on the bottom side), however I  found a member of the forum that have one for me.
In this picture is visible also the water radiator. I used a personal technic for paint it and give to it a realistic aspect. How I said in the poste before, I used the photoetchs for the radiator grills, so, after to have fixed them, I painted all the radiator with the same Tamiya color (flat alluminium) and after I used the smoke color just over the grills. In this mode, the alluminium color above the phototchs start to "move" and mixing with the smoke color. I like this effect.
And finally, in this step I added the steering dumper that I rebuilt many steps before. It work very well and sure it's more strong than teh original!

No comments: