Tuesday, October 06, 2009

WIP - Ducati 888

I've finished the rear brake disk, completed with the photoetchs. The only problem was painting the photoetchs... are in metal and the paint try to slip away. However I resolved that problem.

At the same time I'm working on the exaust. I must cover the silencers with the carbon decals. I have to say that I started this work some months before. At the first moment I decided to don't use the carbon decals that Tamiya give with the kit... too much big and out of scale. For this I decide to use carbon decals foil from Studio 27. No problem when I attached the first piece of decal. After I've interrupted this work, and now, that I decide to continue, the decals are so fragile and when I put them on the water, them start to break. Maybe is because I cut them with the cutter and maybe it can damage the transparent over the decals.. so I will try to cut them with a scissor.

I started also to work on some details.. I've found the technical manual of the motorbike and I've recognize many details.. and now I'm working on some electronic modules.

No comments: